Applications for our $100,000 grant are open!
We are looking to fund projects helping children and young people at risk in the Greater Sydney region. Initial EOI Applications close on Monday 12 June. (Please note this has been extended from Friday 2 June.) You can read the pdf version of our simple Application Form HERE.
To apply, please download the word version of our Initial EOI Grant Application Form HERE.
Impact100 Sydney North aims to make at least one Primary Grant of $100,000 each year. The successful applicant will demonstrate high impact and a measurable difference with this $100,000 grant.
Members have selected ‘Young people at risk’ in the Greater Sydney region as the focus area for our inaugural grant, to be awarded at our Grants Celebration on Thursday 16 November 2017.
The grants shortlisting process is open to any Impact100 Sydney North member to participate in, and the entire membership will vote for the final grant recipient on 16th November.
Impact100 Sydney North will consider applications for projects that:
- benefit children and/or young people at risk (up to the age of 25)
- make a significant and measurable difference to the lives of young people in the Greater Sydney region
- target a specific issue, for a specific duration, and with specific measurable goals to be achieved. Priority will be given to projects that deliver more widespread benefit.
Applications are open to charitable organisations that:
- have both Deductible Gift Recipient 1 (DGR1) and Tax Concessional Charity status (TCC) from the Australian Taxation Office. (To confirm your DGR 1 status, enter your ABN at this link
- have been operating for at least 36 months.
- The Primary Grant is for $100,000 and proposed projects are expected to utilise the full amount
- It is expected the grant funds will be expended within 12 to 24 months.
- Applications are welcome from all states and territories of Australia for projects conducted within the Greater Sydney region and benefitting young people in this region.
- Impact100 Sydney North has been established as a sub-fund of the Australian Communities Foundation. Impact100 Sydney North has appointed a Management Committee made up of members which calls for and reviews all applications and makes recommendations for funding to be approved by the Australian Communities Foundation as Trustee.
- We have strong preference for organisations with an operating budget of under $5 million. Applications from organisations with an operating budget over this amount will be accepted at the discretion of the Impact100 Sydney North Management Committee.
- Reasons for rejection of proposals will not necessarily be given.
- A more extensive full application will be required from shortlisted candidates.
- If your organisation is amongst the selected 4 finalists (after review of the full applications), you will be required to give a short presentation at our Grants Celebration event. This presentation would cover your organisation and what will be achieved if you receive the grant, and is a further opportunity to promote your cause.
- Our guidelines continue to evolve and Impact100 Sydney North reserves the right to change its criteria without notice at any time.
Funding will not be considered for the following expenditure:
- general operating expenses
- debt reduction or operational deficits
- operational salaries (salaries tied to the grant application program are permitted)
- fundraising activities or events
- religious organisations where the grant is intended for the principal benefit of the organisation’s own members or adherents, or where the grant is intended for inherently religious activities
- legal expenses
- general construction, capital campaign or renovation that is unrelated to a specific proposed project or program
- travel outside Australia.
KEEP UP TO DATE
To keep up to date with our latest news and events, please sign up for our Newsletter.